Over 61 NGOs across 23 countries are connected through The Human Safety Net (THSN). Together, they combine expertise, social enterprises, and experience that amplifies each organization’s impact to help in-need families and refugees. At the helm of the organization is Generali, a company that is on the lookout to create value beyond their insurance products. For The Human Safety Net, Generali assesses potential partners through a robust selection and due diligence process, coordinates program design and implementation, monitors progress and frequently reviews the Human Safety Net’s processes and impact while growing its partnerships globally.
“In creating The Human Safety Net, we decided to move beyond a charity approach and to build genuine partnerships between the social and the private sector in order to make the most of our strengths.” Says Philippe Donnet, Group CEO, “…By embedding The Human Safety Net into our core business, we can make its impact more meaningful and long-lasting.”
5 of Many of The Human Safety Net’s Accomplishments:
- The foundation has reached more than 170,000 parents, children, and refugees as of May 2022.
- The Human Safety Net established a partnership with the University of Oxford program, Parenting for Lifelong Health (PLH) in recognition of the high stress and unstable home environment aggravated by the pandemic. These programs have also been rolled out in Malaysia and the Philippines.
- In June 2021, The Human Safety Net launched the Global Challenge, a fundraising event designed to be the biggest annual volunteering activity for Generali staff and agents all around the world.
- Being part of the Generali Group allows The Human Safety Net to act with support and resources from every branch of the company.
- Generali Philippines is in partnership with ChildFund International to help families, especially parents with children in the developmental ages of 0-5 years old. The project will promote responsive and protective parenting through modules and activities on health and hygiene, play and interaction, early learning, and nutrition.
When you work with Generali, you also do your part by contributing to The Human Safety Net. We go beyond CSR and fulfill a purpose. You may also find more ways to help by visit The Human Safety Net or finding opportunities to give more through Generali.